Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Flue Season Fun!!!

So flue season is officially in full swing at my house. Shaun was hit last week for a few days, Mason and James have been a little snotty, my lungs fill a little tight, and of course Bryant has been hit the hardest as always. He has struggled in and out of fevers for 2 days and now he is fighting a good cough. I know it sounds like swine flue, fun for us eh?? I feel so bad for him he looks so skinny to me when he is sick and he tries so hard to be tough. Last night I was up a lot checking his fever to make sure it was down and rubbing stuff on his chest and about the second time I went in I said, "how are you feeling bud" and he said, "I'm alright mom you can go back to bed and sleep." I just heard him coughing and I knew he wasn't feeling good cause he was awake when I came in. He is so sweet, I just love that kid."

So in response to this awful flue I have found this amazing stuff to help us get through it and I want to tell everyone about it. So I have been searching for a more natural way to help Bryant with his little asthma problem and recently I have been learning about essential oils from this company called doTERRA. Well I went to a couple of meetings and bought a couple oils that help with fevers, congestion, bacterial and viral infections, ect.. Anyway Bryant had a fever of 103 and I rubbed peppermint all over his feet, head, neck shoulders, and stomach and his fever went down 2 degrees within 5 min, and I have been able to keep his fever down for the past few days without any drugs. Not only that, he complained about his throat hurting and I had him swallow some water with a drop of oil in it and he felt instant relief. I rubbed some relaxing oils on him along with the other ones to treat him and he slept through the night until 11am the next day. I couldn't believe it!! I am so excited usually when he gets sick at all I have to give him a breathing treatment of steroids 2 times a day and albuterol to open his lungs so he can breath and sleep. I have not given him one treatment and he has slept great both nights. They have this great oil called Breathe and it is amazing!!! I feel so empowered as a mother to know I can take care of my children naturally and safely. It is so EXCITING!!! Anyway I am going to have a friend of mine come to my home and teach me more about how to use these oils more effectivley so if you want to come a learn with me let me know. So I am definitely a believer in the doctors and all the great things they can do for us, but there have been times I have felt very uneasy about something I have been prescribed to give my boys or myself and I just can't do it. I believe the spirit is very real in helping me keep my children safe and healthy and the more we learn the better we can help. So...(sigh) I am already so tired of the flue season but a little more at ease knowing my son's body is not being filled with unnecessary steroid.

2 comments:

Cristi said...

Tenille,

This just stinks!! That the flu has hit your family so badly!! This flu season seems to be particularly bad this year. I've heard on the news that they're even closing some schools because so many kids are calling in sick.

But on a brighter note - I'm so happy that you're learning all about the oils, and feeling so empowered! This is great! I can't wait to learn more about them too!

Love you!

And come visit once everyone is feeling a-okay!

Natalie Sue said...

I want some!!! :)